Backlit stainless steel letters stand out
Create a dramatic halo lighting effect with reverse channel letters. We insert high-quality, low-voltage LED modules inside our fabricated stainless steel channel letters and provide a Lexan backer. During installation, the letters are floated off the wall with spacers — and results are breathtaking, both indoors and outside. With thicknesses of up to 5”, our fabricated stainless steel letters are ideal when you’re looking for letters with a greater depth.
Over the past 25 years, our skilled experts have perfected the process of fabricated stainless steel letters, using both C304 and C316 stainless steel. We cut the faces of the letters using an abrasive water jet or laser cutting systems, depending on the job requirements, while returns are precision-shaped by hand. We complete the fabrication by joining the faces and returning with a high-strength, non-leaded silver solder.
Our fabricated stainless steel letters are available in a wide variety of options including:
- Sizes ranging from 4” to 36” tall
- Thickness from ½” to 5” deep
- Choice of standard alloy C304 or optional alloy C316, which provides additional corrosion and tarnishing resistance for marine and other harsh environments (additional costs apply)
- Finishes including #4 brushed finish, mirror-polished face and returns, and painted PMS colours
- Titanium coating available in gold, copper, bronze and black smoke finishes (adds 30% to cost)
- Mounting options include bottom stud mount and rail mount
- Typical stud mounting with threaded pins on straps or clips on backs of letters
- A minimum stroke of 1” is required on fabricated stainless steel letters
- LED halo effect backlighting with a Lexan back creates breathtaking backlit letters
- Translucent acrylic face lights up the face in addition to the halo effect for bright and stunning lighting
- Panel assembly provides an additional architectural element and ease of installation
Installation considerations for backlit letters
Before you choose a backlit sign letter, keep in mind that you’ll need an electrical junction behind the wall or in the ceiling above. We will provide the power supply (transformer) needed to power the low voltage LEDs. Also, adequate access will be needed in the ceiling and wall to run the wiring (Read more in the FAQ) Backlighting adds a significant amount to the letter’s price and installation costs. Learn more about the installation here.
Backlit fabricated letters can also be installed on panels, which is a great solution when accessing the wires is difficult or the wall surface isn’t ideal. This way, you only need a single electrical junction for connection.